Welcome to Servicom
SERVICOM: What is it?
SERVICOM is an acronym for SERVICE COMPACT WITH ALL NIGERIANS. It is a social contract between the Federal
Government of Nigeria and its People.
Sometimes in June, 2003, former President Olusegun Obasanjo declared that Nigerians have for too long been
feeling shortchanged by the quality of Public Service being rendered to its citizens. He was of the view that
the Public Service has become a haven for inefficiency and corruption but that Nigerians deserve to be served better.
As a follow up to this declaration, a report was commissioned in December, 2003 to:
- Review Service Delivery in Nigeria
- Examine institutional environment for Service Delivery
- Reflect on peoples’ lives and expression and
- Draw a roadmap for a Service Delivery Programme.
Consequently, on 21st March, 2004, the Federal Government entered into Service compact with all Nigerians
to provide basic services to which citizens are entitled to timely, fair, honest, effective and transparent service.
SERVICOM is predicated on the following principles:
- Affirmation of commitment to the service of the Nigeria nation.
- Conviction that Nigeria can only realize it’s full potential if citizens receive prompt and efficient services from the state.
- Consideration for the needs and right of all Nigerian to enjoy social and economic advancement.
- Dedication to deliver services to which citizens are entitled, timely, fairly, honestly, effectively and transparently.
Apart from the above principles, there is the SERVICOM Charters. These are the operational day-to-day implementation of
SERVICOM. A good SERVICOM Charter is expected to break the twin evil of corruption and inefficiency in the service.
SERVICOM is the engine for service delivery programme. This is marked on the compelling need to change the system
of service delivery by Government determined commitment to deliver service on the one hand and the citizen’s
expectation’s of Service Delivery, on the other hand.
SERVICOM Unit is present in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government (MDAs) throughout the Federation.
The SERVICOM Unit in a Ministry, Department or Agency (MDA) is to be headed by a Deputy Director, who is to serve
as the Nodal officer and the Head of the Unit. The Nodal officer reports directly to the Minister through the
Permanent Secretary without any Departmental mediation in the Ministry. In the case of the Extra-Ministerial
Department or Parastatal, the Nodal Officer is to report directly to the Chief Executive.
SERVICOM IN THE OAUTHC, Ile-Ife
Following the establishment of SERVICOM in the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex,
Ile-Ife, it has impacted on the lives of Nigerian citizens and non-Nigerian who come on daily basis for healthcare services.
VISION STATEMENT OF SERVICOM IN OAUTHC
To ensure delivery of quality healthcare services that is based upon the needs of patients.
MISSION STATEMENT OF SERVICOM IN OAUTHC
To ensure the provision of fundamental healthcare services to which each patient is entitled in a timely,
fair, honest, effective and transparent manner.
WHAT DOES SERVICOM DO?
SERVICOM spearheads the Institution’s Service Delivery Initiative through SERVICOM Compliance and
also perform other functions which include:
- Disseminating best practices and other tips on Service delivery improvement.
- Facilitating a safe and conducive working environment for both Staff and Students at all levels of Service delivery.
- Serving as a link between the Institution and the SERVICOM Office, The Presidency, Abuja.
- Serving as the Secretariat of the Institution’s Service Delivery Committee.
- Instituting a Complaints Procedure including Grievance Redress Mechanism for the Institution.
- Providing comprehensive and effective training policy for frontline Staff on Customer Relations and related matter.
- Producing, reviewing and monitoring performance of Charters from the Institution.
DETAILS OF CUSTOMERS
- Due to the fact that the function of the hospital has direct impact on lives of the citizens, all Nigerians who
access the services of the hospital are therefore our customers.
- Staff and Students of the Institution.
SERVICE DELIVERY/CUSTOMERS’ EXPECTATIONS
- Polite, trained and well informed staff.
- Prompt quality healthcare delivery.
- Adequate information and effective communication.
- Complaints of customers are attended to as at when they present.
- Feedbacks on complaints are given after proper resolution.
OBLIGATIONS OF PATIENTS
Patients under this charter are expected to:
- Follow all approved procedures for obtaining a required service.
- Make enquiries in a pleasant manner.
- Consideration for the needs of the other patients.
- Allow reasonable time for processing request for service.
- Payment of prescribed fees.
GRIEVANCE REDRESS MECHANISM
The hospital is committed to provision of its services to the satisfaction of its clients.
To actualize this vision, the hospital is determined to redress grievances of its clients
in a responsive and timely manner. The hospital has put in place a grievance redress office
that would be manned by committed staff that would attend promptly to all complaints in a responsive and timely manner.
Appropriate and relevant offices shall be contacted/co-opted in the course of handling complaints to
ensure that complaints are adequately and competently addressed to give it the convincing satisfactory solution.
All complaints should explicitly address the issue of complaints. Suggestions boxes are provided in strategic
locations within the hospital. The suggestions boxes shall be regularly harnessed to ensure that complaints are treated with dispatch.
Please, do not hesitate to register your complaints to help us serve you better.
Complaints could be channeled:
1. In writing to any of the following officers:
The SERVICOM Nodal Officer,
P.M.B. 5538, O.A.U.T.H.C.,
Grievance/Complaints Desk Officer,
P.M.B. 5538, O.A.U.T.H.C.,
Complaints Desk Officers,
SERVICOM Information Centres (near the hospital gates),
2. Through phone calls to: 08152092768, 07036725667, 07036725018
3. Verbally to the addresses shown in (1)
4. email to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggestions/Complaint boxes are also provided at various locations in the hospital.
All complaints must include:
1. Name of complainant………………………………………………
3. Mobile number……………………………………………………..
All complaints shall be acknowledged and attended to within 24 and 48 hours respectively on receipt.
Actions taken and the result shall be communicated to the complainant.
PROVISION FOR THOSE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
The hospital has been built to adapt to the needs of those with special needs. Wheel chairs are available for them.
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Osun State Government
- Corporate Organizations
- Members of the public
CHALLENGE BAD SERVICE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!!!
A PUBLICATION OF THE SERVICOM DEPARTMENT OF
THE OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITALS COMPLEX,
ILE-IFE. OSUN STATE, NIGERIA