The Unit was established by the Board of Management of the Institution on February 1st, 2007
during the tenure of the Chief Medical Director Professor Olusanya ADEJUYIGBE.
Since then, the unit has been saddled with different responsibilities which stated below.
- Development and Maintenace of software
- Management and administration of the Hospital computer network which includes the registration and maintenance of
Hospital email accounts for members of staff.
- Acquisition and maintenance of Computers and ICT related equipment in the Hospital (Smart-class equipments,
Internet Telephoning (IP-Phone) and Teleconferencing equipments).
- Training members of Staff, Students.
- Providing Management with useful advice on IT issues
- Maintenance of Institution Computers System (Troublesshooting and Repaires of Computer and Printers)
- Keeping the Institution's website active
- Handing other adhoc assignements from the Management and various departments which includes the following:
- Multimedia and Projector at the Institution's Auditorium whenever there is an event
both on the working days and weekend.
- Electronic Markings of various types of examinations.